Saturday, June 12, 2010

Already searching vehicles....

What is the big problem right now? This morning I found out that newspaper delivery vehicles were being searched for bombs. Were still 2 weeks from the Summit. Those newspapers are DAILY…they will not be there tomorrow. There is NO reason to be searching them now. This is just another cost that does nothing to promote security, but it DOES cast a bad light on the police and the procedures they use. In Canada (as well as most civilised societies) we are free from unreasonable search and seizure. This seems to fall past that. I can see in the few days gearing up to it, but 2 weeks away, not so much. I would also assume that on the Friday night, they will be doing a bomb sweep of the entire area, which makes doing this now counterproductive and pointless. I knew our Rights would be trounced during the summit, but I didn’t expect it to start so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment