Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally Some Lightning!

Finally! I caught some lightning tonight!

It's looked fairly promising all week, including one night running home trying to beat the rain... I could see the clouds moving nearer and nearer to me as I was trying to get home from work and grab my camera gear and head up to the roof. Unfortunately, though there was some lightning, most of it was on the other side of my building, blocked from my view. So I shot myself.


Tonight, I wasn't even expecting rain. I thought it was coming much later. To my surprise, it was pouring when I left work. I took the subway most of the way home, then walked the rest of the way home in the rain. It felt good!

Got home, sat down on the couch. Then, a stroke of lightning. Then a few minutes go by...another stroke, a little closer. I thought: "okay, I've been hosed a few times this month. I want a few more strikes in the next few minutes before I set up my camera." Needless to say, the sky obliged and I set up my camera. Storm was pretty active, but continued to evade my lens. A few shots lit up the sky behind the clouds...making a beautiful purple colour. I did get one bolt of lightning. It's not one of my better shots...but it'll do for a storm I wasn't expecting!

Photos are below...and as always, click to embiggen.


No comments:

Post a Comment