Monday, January 31, 2011

Free Egypt

I went down to the Free Egypt rally at Yonge and Dundas Square on Saturday. It was a great event, wonderful feeling of people coming together. I also met an Officer there. He has just gotten into DSLR cameras and saw mine. I was back behind the crowd trying to get a few artistic shots. He had a few questions about camera gear, what the lens hood was for, things like that. When you first get into cameras like this…it can be quite overwhelming. We were talking for a few minutes, and he looked quite familiar. I hadn’t seen his entire nametag yet, but looked and saw “…THERBEE”. I asked if his first initial was J. Yes. Okay, now I’m putting it together:

During the Canada Day protest after the G20, I was at the front of the line shooting with the media. I don’t know how it happened, but I got separated from them and ended up in the front of the protest instead, on the opposite side of the police line than the media. One of the first shots I got, was of …J. WEATHERBEE.
(click for larger image)






Here are some other shots from the Free Egypt rally:
(click for larger image)

All 10 images available to view on Flickr.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/50480353@N02/sets/72157625934211666/




No comments:

Post a Comment